Interior Designer of the Year 2011 (Video)
Belle magazine, in association with Coco Republic, hosted the inaugural Belle Coco Republic 2011 Interior Design Awards.
These prestigious, keenly-contested accolades acknowledge and reward excellence and creativity in the Australian interior design industry. The finalists and profiles of their work are unveiled in the June/July issue of Belle, in newsagents now and encompass five categories:
· Best residential interior
· Best commercial interior
· Best corporate interior
· Best hospitality interior
· the ultimate award: the Belle Coco Republic Interior Designer of the Year
Finalists were chosen on the basis of originality and innovation, quality of execution and response and adherence to the brief. Contenders for the ultimate award – the Belle Coco Republic interior designer of the year – were judged on their overall bodies of work submitted.
Belle editor-in-chief Neale Whitaker said: “The calibre of entries this year is outstanding. It demonstrates that the quality of Australian interior design is truly world-class, and it’s exciting that through these awards we can celebrate such innovation and talent.” The Winners were announced at a champagne reception at Coco Republic Design Centre on the 11th May.
· Best residential interior: Matt Gibson for Mary Street Residential, Melbourne.
· Best commercial interior: BKH for Dinosaur Designs, New York.
· Best corporate interior: BKH for Financial and Energy Exhange Group, Sydney.
· Best hospitality interior: Bates Smart for Crown Metropol, Melbourne.
· Interior Designer of the Year: Greg Natale.