Feng Shui Bathroom
Good morning and goodnight) When you wake up, the first place that is giving you good beginning of the day is your bathroom. When you go to bed, bathroom gives you good preparation for a good sleep. Bathroom is the place where you take energy for the whole day and where you relax after the hard day. Take time and make this place look as you want it to be, so that you will always feel comfortable and warm atmosphere there.
Feng Shui Bathroom is thought to be:
- The place where everything is going out. Water is a symbol of money, and water that constantly runs out from your bathroom means loss of money.
- Causing financial problems. Only if your bathroom equipment needs to be repaired and you don’t do this.
- Cleaner. It cleans you body and sole (you feel relaxed after it, right?).
- Water element. And it is true.
- Magazines store.
- Stagnant place of air.
What can you do with this:
- close your bathroom when you use it and when you even don’t use it. It won’t let to go out negative chi energy from the bathroom and spread across the house.
- If you have an opportunity to make a window in your bathroom, then do it! If you already have it, then you are lucky) But use your window and open it when it is possible.
- Toilet seats and doors should always be closed
- Bathroom is the place where you clean yourself, so make a present for your bathroom and clean it also. You will surely see positive response in your life.
- Get rid of magazines that you don’t read, or simply make them clean, so that you won’t think that it’s clutter in our bathroom. Rid the space of fashion magazines or tabloids that make you feel that you’ll never be rich, thin or beautiful enough. Replace them with books and journals that make you laugh, dream and rejoice.
- Aromatherapy. Why do you like some smells? Because they influence you and increase your mood. So you can put aroma oil or some good smelling candles to make bathroom almost a room. You can use different scents to have various emotions. For example, if you chose floral scents like jasmine, rose and carnation it will give you romantic mood, while green scents like rosemary , pine and cucumber give courageous emotions. Citrus aromas like orange , lemon and grapefruit stimulate the imagination. Spicy scents – ginger , cinnamon, and frankincense encourage self-expression. Do you want to explore your sensual side? Introduce musky scents like sandalwood, musk and cedar to your bathroom.
- Repair if something is broken or not working in your bathroom. Fix the leaks or invest in a good plumber.
- Bathroom has a lot of water element and this is a vivid fact. You should balance it by adding earth elements, like stones, candles, rugs, earthly colors (sandy colors, terracotta, orange, ochre, yellow). Element of wood will also be very good decision. Soft colors are advised in Feng shui.
- Choose good textures rugs and towels.
- Clean mirror. It reflects yourself. You don’t need to have low self esteem, so clean your mirrors. Don’t place bagua mirror inside of your house. It has very big power and can give you only negative effect, if you ue it inside of your house.
- Clean Out Your Medicine Cabinet. Old, outdated medications are subtle reminders of unhealthy times. Rid your shelves of any expired pills, powders and potions. Keep only the ones you need, and stow those where they won’t be the first things you see each time you open the cabinet. Put preventative health treatments like vitamins in a more prominent place, so that you’ll feel a greater sense of control over your health.
- Add plants. The more you have natural objects in your house, the better you will feel. Choose the plant for the bathroom that likes water. If you will put cactus it wont live there for long)
Take ideas from our gallery. I added some pictures of bathrooms that look very nice and natural)
Location of a bathroom
According to Black Sect Feng shui, that was in 1980’s, each sector of the house is responsible for one of the parts in your life (Career, Knowledge / Wisdom, Family, Prosperity, Fame / Reputation, Marriage / Relationships, Children / Creativity, Helpful People / Travel, Health )
If you follow Black Sect School, then bathroom should be treated carefully, because one of the above parts of your life will suffer. For example, if your bathroom is placed in the Southwest then you might have problems with love and marriage. In such situation you should place cures according to the placement of your bathroom. To suppress the afflicted energy of the South-west you should place metal wind chimes inside the toilet. Meanwhile, just outside the bathroom, place bright lights and glitter lamps.
If you use Traditional Feng shui methods, then these rules will be useful for you:
Inauspicious locations for the toilet include:
- Opposite the kitchen – the element of Fire and Water will clash in this situation. The leap from the preparation of the food (kitchen) to the elimination of food (toilet) is too violent for this to be seen as an auspicious position.
- Avoid placing a toilet adjacent to the front door – in Feng Shui, we can regard the doorway as the mouth of our home, where career and opportunities enter, whereas the toilet is clearly at the other end of this process and needs to be as far away as possible from the front door. If you have two floors in the house, it is very important that your bathroom is not located right above the main house door or its wall.
- Avoid positioning the toilet directly opposite the front door, even if this is at the end of a passage. This kind of position can lead to wasted opportunities and lost prospects, both career wise and financially.
- The worst location for the toilet in the family home or even a business is dead centre. It is quite a common feature in family homes where the builder has considerately installed a toilet under the stairs. From a Feng Shui point of view this is considered a disaster regarding your health and financial prospects.
The centre of your home (the T’ai Chi) is best left either open or with some focus for your attention and this could even include a water feature. What is not suited in this situation is a space which is associated with waste and loss. Before you give up in desperation, there is a possible remedy. Instead of placing a full length mirror on the outside of the toilet door, thus giving the impression that the toilet does not exist.
Locate the bathroom near the back of the house. It is best to plan out your home so that it represents a model of the human body.